• Simplistic eco-conscious design that is focused on functionality and creating a breathing family environment.
• The house is oriented on the site for optimum advantage of natural light and cross ventilation.
• Maximum use of natural light to cut down electrical cost.
• Conscious effort in using only materials in their most organic form.
• No use of chemicals, carpets, tiles or paint.
• Exterior panels contain 30% recycled materials.
• 9’ x 16’ Single hung window, balanced with steel weight, maximizing indoor/outdoor living.
• Floor material connected in an unobtrusive manner to increase floor plan flow and space.
• Design and use of color inspired by dramatic landscape to create contrasting stimulating interior.
The red (volcanic) kitchen island creates a multi-functional gathering point in the heart of the house.
The rubber staircase combines elements of strength and infinity.
• Windowsill in living room made of steel creates an additional seating area with magnetic cushions that can be rearranged to ones needs.
• Front skylight to create natural light in kitchen.
• Entry courtyard to create privacy from busy street.
• Material manufactured from recycled tires is used on kitchen cabinetry and kitchen chairs, creating an elegant kitchen unaffected by normal wear and tear of family life.
• LED light design in I structural beam in order to make indoor use of structure and create ambiance.
• Bookshelf functions as railings/barriers between floor plans.
• Headboard in master bedroom is cladded with the flooring material to give unobtrusive feel of space.
• Outdoor sleeping area for healthy living.